Corporate Communications Specialist
The Corporate Communications Specialist manages the Association’s internal and external communications activities in order to effectively inform and promote the Association, its brand, its people, its mission, and its products. The Corporate Communications Specialist plans and produces communications and sales promotion materials to meet product strategies and sales objectives.
- Manages and coordinates communications activities for the Association both inside and outside the institution including, but not limited to, the drafting of news articles and other written pieces for industry-related publications, scripts for interviews with the media, press releases, marketing materials, employee announcements, etc.
- Writes, prepares, and/or reviews articles to ensure that all communications pieces effectively describe, support, promote, and distinguish the Association from its competitors.
- Writes and reviews content to be disseminated via social media, the intranet and internet, newsletters, and any other distribution channels, to ensure that the messaging aligns with key business strategies.
- Writes internal and external news releases about Association changes including Officer arrivals and promotions, significant events such as branch openings, etc.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing Officer in the preparation of company product brochures, publications, articles, public relations items, etc. to ensure that all materials are written clearly and concisely in support of the marketing objectives in order to maximize positive exposure internally among our staff as well as externally within the community.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing Officer, Community Engagement Coordinator, and Human Resources to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing Officer and the Social Media Committee to implement social media campaigns to engage varied audiences in order to promote the bank’s products and services with the goal of increasing market share, name recognition, and profitability.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Officer, advises bank departments on content and design of printed materials for internal and external use.
- Keeps up to date with issues, trends, and developments within the public relations, communications and financial industries.
- Researches and evaluates the short term and long term success of the bank’s communications strategies.
- Works with the Marketing Officer in the execution of successful marketing campaigns through effective communications channels.
- Ensures that all communications activities, publications, materials comply with all bank policies, procedures, including BSA, Deposit and Lending regulations, etc.
- Acts affirmatively in all activities under his/her control in conformance with the Association’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity programs to achieve the Association’s goals and objectives.
- Attends business related networking events as required.
- Other communications related responsibilities as may be assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or English, marketing, business administration, or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Five to seven years relevant experience including strong communications and people skills, exceptional writing and sharp editing skills with a broad knowledge of the banking industry, marketing, and social media required. Must understand bank regulations as well as the laws and regulations that govern advertising and market planning and possess a strong vision with a positive attitude.
- Must be familiar with financial institution products and services and possess the ability to develop new ideas and inventive ways to promote an organization so people will pay attention and understand what the organization is all about.
- Must be highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate; must possess the ability to work within a fast-paced environment successfully.
- Time management skills required to handle simultaneous projects and understand the optimal time to utilize various media distribution channels.
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, internet and internal bank software.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Photo Shop, Microsoft Publisher, and other related marketing software.
Windsor Federal Savings offers a competitive salary and full benefits package. For consideration for this position send resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com